Sunday, March 13, 2011

Made in the USA Supplies

Since I have start crocheting again, I have noticed that most of the yarn is made in Turkey or some other non-US country.  Because of this I only buy certain yarns.  Lily Sugar and Cream that is made from USA grown cotton and Super Saver that is USA manufactured acrylic.  This leaves me with a very limited selection.  So I am wondering if I should feel so guilty about buying non-US yarn.

I have also been noticing where my other supplies are made,  Almost all my jewelry and floral supplies are made in china.  Now I feel even worse because I never thought about it before.

Now that I have been looking into it, I have noticed that there are not very many craft supplies that are made in the US anymore.  I don't like this one bit and I'm not sure what to do about.  But if anyone happens to know where I can get USA made floral and  jewelry supplies please let me know.  I would like to contribute to the down fall of our countries economy as little as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment